Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:59:57 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <>
Subject: Re: remquo - underlying logic

* Damian McGuckin <> [2017-12-01 05:11:40 +1100]:
> Is there anywhere this is described in detail.
> As part of some research, I was studying an implementation
> which uses ideas which avoids the fixed point arithmetic.
> While there are some issues with this implementation, some of its ideas may
> produce cleaner and likely shorter code than the current remquo.
> maybe not so much with double but for anything else high, yes.
> Has anybody tried this before?

i think it does similar things than the current
implementation but uses float arithmetics instead
of ints.

i hadn't considered using floats, it may be faster
i don't know, you have to benchmark etc.

i can add this to my math todo items, but i can't
promise to look into it soon unless there is a
good reason to.