Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 18:05:41 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: diffutils crash in malloc

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 11:38:58PM +0100, Tobias Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will try that. In the mean time, I found this piece of weirdness
> in the readelf output:
>
>  0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [/tools/lib/libc.so]
>  0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [libc.so]
>  0x000000000000001d (RUNPATH)            Library runpath: [/tools/lib]
>
> Apart from being a silly duplicate, can this cause problems?

Having multiple copies of libc in the program can definitely cause
serious problems, and crashing in malloc seems like a very likely
symptom. However 1.1.17 introduced logic to prevent this from
happening. Can you describe what sort of build procedure you're using
that's causing /tools/lib to appear here? And can you strace the
crashing command and attach the strace output? That should show what's
happening with shared library loading.

Rich