Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:27:04 +0200
From: Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-cross-make doesn't install gcc binaries

Le 04/10/2017 à 12:35, Szabolcs Nagy a écrit :
> * Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr> [2017-10-03 14:55:08 +0200]:
>> Le 03/10/2017 à 12:59, Szabolcs Nagy a écrit :
>>> i use custom OUTPUT dir and never had a problem
>>>
>>> (although i pass it as a make argument like
>>>
>>> make install TARGET=x86_64-linux-musl OUTPUT=/path
>>>
>>> and then i have
>>> /usr/bin/install -c xgcc /path/bin/x86_64-linux-musl-gcc
>>> in my build log)
>>      OK, got it. I understood the install path as an install *prefix*. I
>> should have specified
>>
>>      'OUTPUT=/usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl'
>>
>>          instead of
>>
>>      'OUTPUT=/usr/pkg'
>>
> no, it should be just /usr/pkg
>
>>      And I didn't notice it created bin, include, lib, libexec and share and,
>> since it also created x86_64-linux-musl, which has the name I expected and
>> also contains bin, include and lib,  I concentrated on this one which wasn't
>> as expected.
>>
> the x86_64-linux-musl directory is the sysroot for the target,
> it does not contain host binaries (executables for the cross
> toolchain)
>
>>      Maybe worth mentionning the path is the base of the sysroot, not a
>> prefix. There must be other idiots like me.
>>
> no, it's not
>
>>       Thanks for your patience.
>>
>> Didier
>>
>>      Now it works. Thanks for your patience
>>
> you are probably still doing something wrong.

     I have built the cross compiler with

     TARGET = x86_64-linux-musl
     OUTPUT= /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl

     After installation I have the following subdirs at the top of the tree:

     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/bin
     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/include
     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/lib
     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/libexec
     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/share
     /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/x86_64-linux-musl

     The first of these subdirs contains all the necessary executables
properly prefixed. And the last contains subdirs with the non-prefixed
executables, the libraries, including libc and the *crt*.o object files.

     I have symlinked the prefixed binaries in /usr/bin and I am now
re-building all packages with my new gcc-6.3/musl-1.1.16 toolchain :-)

             Didier