Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 10:11:24 +0200
From: Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-cross-make doesn't install gcc binaries

Le 02/10/2017 à 17:57, Rich Felker a écrit :
>>       I have recently discovered the existence of musl-cross-make and
>> thought it would be a great way to upgrade my toolchain (forgetting
>> temporarily Ada). I downloaded it in my musl chroot. It built
>> without error, which is a pretty new experience for me -
>> congratulations! But, after make install, only binutils' binaries
>> are installed:
>>
>> /# ls /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl
>> bin  include  lib
>> /# ls /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl/bin
>> ar  as  ld  ld.bfd  nm  objcopy  objdump  ranlib  readelf  strip
>>
>>      The gcc binaries seem to be in
>> musl-cross-make/build/local/x86_64-linux-musl/obj_toolchain/gcc
>> (cc1,  cc1plus,  gcc-ar,  gcc-cross etc). Are these the final gcc
>> binaries or intermediate tools?
> What "make install" command line did you use, and what options (if
> any) in config.mak? You need to specify the output directory where the
> toolchain will be installed; it would not appear under /usr/pkg unless
> you configured it as such.

     I just ran 'make'; and, when it was finished, 'make install'

     Everything is configured in config.mak. Here it is (I've removed
the comments):

# config.mak
TARGET = x86_64-linux-musl
OUTPUT = /usr/pkg
DL_CMD = wget -c -O

COMMON_CONFIG += CC="gcc -static --static" CXX="g++ -static --static"
COMMON_CONFIG += CFLAGS="-O2" CXXFLAGS="-O2"
COMMON_CONFIG += --disable-nls
GCC_CONFIG += --enable-languages=c,c++
GCC_CONFIG += --disable-multilib

     'make install' creates /usr/pkg/x86_64-linux-musl, and the subdirs
bin, include and lib. The issue is that, in bin, only binutils'
executables are installed.

     Thanks.
                             Didier