Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:12:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: jacob@...shcomputing.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: strftime %Z returning empty string

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, A. Wilcox wrote:

> %Z is a glibc extension.  I don't believe musl supports it.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/strftime.html

     Z       Replaced by the timezone name or abbreviation, or by no bytes
             if no timezone information exists. [tm_isdst]

That "if no timezone information exists" is rather useless in my eyes.
Exists where? Later text suggests that the TZ environment variable is
relevant.

J. Welsh