Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 06:35:49 +0200
From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@...nadk.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux@...glemail.com>, wdlkmpx <wdlkmpx@...il.com>,
	busybox <busybox@...ybox.net>, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@...nadk.org>,
	Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...e-electrons.com>
Subject: Re: Re: bbox: musl versus uclibc

Hi,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:25:20 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>
> > These "ng" names are not the best idea.
> >
> > Maybe uclibc-ng can just supersede uclibc?
>
> Waldemar proposed many, many times to Bernhard to take over the
> project, and Bernhard essentially never replied. So it was either
> adding -ng or doing nothing.
>
> I think adding -ng was better than doing nothing :)
>
> And yes, I believe uClibc-ng should just supersede uClibc, or at least
> that www.uclibc.org should point to www.uclibc-ng.org to make more
> people aware of the fact that uClibc is alive again.
>
> > We can give www.uclibc.org domain (or the server itself) to it.
>
> Cc'ing Waldemar, who maintains uClibc-ng.

A link from uclibc.org to uclibc-ng.org would be nice.
Then people can still search the old mailinglists or find
the old git history.

If there would be consense about, the domain uclibc.org could be
transferred to me and I could try to provide a cleaner access to
old and new project data.

best regards
 Waldemar