Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 18:35:15 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SIOCGSTAMPNS definition missing

* Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> [2017-08-13 18:03:01 +0200]:

> * Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2017-08-11 20:53:38 -0400]:
> > On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 10:08:02AM +0000, yamabiko@...netbeyond.org wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > when I tried to compile qemu on a Gentoo musl based system it
> > > complained about "SIOCGSTAMPNS" being undeclared. Using
> > > "-DSIOCGSTAMPNS=0x8907" as CFLAG worked as a workaround. So it looks
> > > like the definition it's missing from some header file (ioctl.h?)
> > > See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1066924.html for more info
> >
> > Thanks for the report.
> >
> > Has anyone else looked at this yet? It probably needs per-arch
> > additions to the bits/ioctl.h headers.
> >

> it seems to be defined in asm/sockios.h which
> is included via sys/socket.h in glibc i think so
> musl should put it into sys/socket.h if anywhere.

it seems i proposed the sockios stuff to be removed
from ioctl.h, but that was not applied:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2016/07/03/22

i think those sockios macros should be moved from
ioctl.h to socket.h and the SIOCGSTAMPNS should
be added to them. (or we can add the macro now
to ioctl.h and move them later)

one issue is that the mips macros are currently
wrong (don't match the kernel uapi definitions).