Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 22:02:21 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: symlinks of glibc shared libs to musl libc.so

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 01:36:40AM +0000, sylvain.bertrand@...il.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some binaries which are dependent on glibc shared libs (except libgcc_s) and the glibc dynamic loader.
> For instance: libdl, libpthreads...
>
> Do symlinks on libc.so based on glibc sonames give me a chance to make them work? (in
> theory yes, since the symbols are there).

Are you asking about trying to run glibc-linked binaries with musl
libc.so? For that usage, if it works, there is no need to make
symlinks for other standard posix library names like libdl.so or
libpthread.so or libm.so. They inherently always resolve to libc, and
will not actually be loaded from a file when requested.