Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 06:53:41 +0000
From: mzpqnxow <musl@...qnxow.com>
To: dragora-users@...gnu.org, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Darkcrusade 2017Jun09 (cross compiler set)

I briefly looked over the page but it's not clear to me what it is.. is it
a distribution? Or just a toolchain builder?

I'm wondering if it's similar to
https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make (which is a one step way to
build an arbitrary musl toolchain, and is excellent) or if it makes use of
it (if you're building musl toolchains it probably ought to.

Sorry if I missed something obvious, but it sounds interesting and I'm
curious, but just didn't see a clear/concise/understandable explanation of
what it is exactly.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 16:09 Matias Fonzo <selk@...gora.org> wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the release of darkcrusade (2017Jun09).
>
> Darkcrusade is the codename given to deploy a set of cross compilers
> built upon on the standard C library "musl".  The full toolchain is
> composed by GNU binutils, linux-libre (headers), GCC, and musl.
> Darkcrusade is ready to be used anywhere under general purposes.
>
> The darkcrusade's tool consists of two separate phases: the first
> phase, where a cross-compiler for the native architecture is created;
> and the second phase, where the produced cross-compiler is used to
> create other compilers for the different supported architectures.
>
> The homepage is at http://www.dragora.org
>
> The sources can be downloaded from
> http://rsync.dragora.org/current/compilers/darkcrusade_2017Jun09/
>
> See also http://dragora.org/repo.fsl/wiki?name=Mirrors
>
> Version 2017Jun09 - 20 June 2017
>
>     - The pass for the CC and CXX environment flags have been fixed for
>       the final GCC -- previously resulting in a partial
>       statically-linked cross-compiler.
>
>     - Linux-libre 4.9.31 (headers).
>
>     - Checksums files are now produced using sha256sum(1).
>
> The following architectures are supported:
>
>     aarch64
>     armv7hl
>     i586
>     microblaze
>     mips
>     powerpc
>     x32
>     x86_64
>
> Please send bug reports and suggestions to dragora-users@...gnu.org
>

> Regards,
> Matias Fonzo, darkcrusade author and maintainer.

Content of type "text/html" skipped