Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:54:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rob Lyerly <rlyerly@...edu>
Subject: Re: SPARCv9 Support

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 09:39:28AM -0400, Rob Lyerly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've been using musl as a libc alternative for ARMv8 and x86-64 for a year
> now and want to also use it for work we're starting on a SPARCv9 machine.
> Has anybody done any porting of musl to this architecture or would we have
> to port it ourselves?

I'm not aware of any work porting to SPARC yet, but there has been
some level of interest from others in the past.

Porting it yourselves is definitely an option; it's not terribly hard,
though familiarity with the code/project helps. Also FYI, a few of the
ports we have now have been done by contributors/members of the musl
community and partly or fully sponsored by organizations that needed
them; if you have funds available there might be someone interested in
picking it up as work. Or if you have students of your own (noticed
the .edu) it could be a good project for them.