Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:25:56 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reviving planned ldso changes

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 08:30:26PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> Here's a v4 of the patch that saves the "init parent" we descended
> from so that it can return where it left off. There are a couple
> gratuitous hunks left over adding setting of "needed_by" where it made
> sense to be set, but it's not actually used anymore. They could be
> dropped if desired but are probably nice to keep for the sake of
> consistency of data, even thoough it's data we don't use.

Upon further review I think these additions to needed_by should be
dropped, or moved to a separate change if deemed correct. They alter
rpath processing. For ldso it doesn't matter since ldso has no deps,
but for LD_PRELOAD libs, the change causes them to use the main app's
rpath for finding their deps, which may or may not be reasonable, but
is a functional change unrelated to dependency-order ctor execution.