Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:03:10 +0100
From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...e-electrons.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: python-libconfig failing to build with musl

Hello,

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:25:43 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> > It's intentional that FILE is an incomplete type. Do you know what
> > they're trying to do by trying to use it as if it were a complete
> > type? This is a bug that needs a patch, preferably one suitable for
> > upstream.
>
> On further investigation, it looks like there's something weird that
> boost is doing that's causing it to get expanded in a template that
> uses FILE rather than FILE*. Not clear why but this is probably a bug
> in boost. Maybe someone who understands C++ better could advise.

Yeah, I also tried to have a look, but C++ and Boost are too unfamiliar
to me, and I had to give up.

> BTW, any idea what happened to your mail to the list? It seems to have
> gotten lost.

My e-mails for some reason don't make it to the mailing list. I am
registered on the list as I'm receiving all the traffic, and I'm using
the same From: address as the one used for my mailing list
subscription. My previous e-mail to the list (about SSP on x86) also
didn't make it to the list.

Best regards,

Thomas
--