Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 03:41:29 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: syscall table discrepancies

* Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2017-02-16 21:00:44 -0500]:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 08:51:47PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> > arm
> > +o__NR_arm_fadvise64_64 270
> > +o__NR_arm_sync_file_range 341
> > -o__NR_fadvise64_64 270
>
> Also a naming matter and one I'd probably rather not change, though
> I'm not sure. It looks like powerpc has the same nonstandard arg order
> for fadvise but doesn't use a different name, so it's not really
> helpful for arm to use a different name here.
>
> Not sure about sync_file_range; it might suggest we have a bug.

it's just an alias, i added the arm names, kept the normal name

> > i386
> > -o__NR_madvise1 219
>
> I think this is cruft that was removed...?

linux removed it, i removed it too

> > or1k
> > -o__NR__llseek 62
> > +o__NR_llseek 62
>
> This looks like a bug that probably has lseek broken on or1k with
> files larger than 2GB... I think the #else case in lseek.c should

it's a naming issue, i added the new name, but kept the old one
for now.

__NR_lseek would be a bug
__NR__llseek is the old name of the syscall.
__NR_llseek is how new 32bit arches call it.

> probably be tweaked to produce a compile-time error if syscall_arg_t
> is 32-bit. That would also catch musl's equivalent of this n32 bug
> which remains unfixed:
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-01/msg00074.html
>
> > powerpc
> > -o__NR_getresgid32 170
> > -o__NR_getresuid32 165
> > -o__NR_setresgid32 169
> > -o__NR_setresuid32 164
>
> These can probably be safely removed; I suspect they were cruft from
> before the general renaming in src/internal/syscall.h was in place.
>
> > -o__NR_timerfd 306
>
> Also a leftover/legacy name, I presume?

i dropped these.

View attachment "0001-make-syscall.h-consistent-with-linux.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (8052 bytes)