Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:48:45 +0000
From: KARL BIELEFELDT <KARL.BIELEFELDT@...ran.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
CC: OMADA_TEAM <OMADA_TEAM@...ran.com>
Subject: Patches for DNS resolving

Hello,

Following are two patches for DNS resolving.  The first is for two bugs that
cancel each other out during normal operation, but when another error occurs,
like a network timeout, it causes the search to terminate too early.  We
happened to be "fortunate" enough to have a Kubernetes cluster with the
boundary condition for this to occur all the time.

The second patch fixes a copy/paste error we happened to see while reading the
code during debugging of the first issue.

Musl is a great product.  We hope you find these fixes useful.

Sincerely,

Karl Bielefeldt
ADTRAN