Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:44:41 +0000
From: Bernardo Pascoal Figueiredo
 <bernardopascoalfigueiredo@...nico.ulisboa.pt>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Implementation of GLOB_TILDE

Hi,

I'm sending as attachment a a patch that implments the GLOB_TILDE
extension to
the glob function.

This functions is helpful to compile some software that otherwise would
not
compile(without patching) with musl like i3wm.

I tested the code(test file as attachment) and the results seem to be
correct.

I have a few questions though:
  * How do I contribute to musl? Should I just send patches to this
mailing list
    or should I make pull requests?

  * I defined GLOB_TILDE as 0x100, but I think this won't work on
architectures
    that have sizeof(int) == 2, as the flags argument in glob is an int.

  * I think it's best to define GLOB_TILDE in glob.h inside a '#if
    defined(_GNU_SOURCE) || defined(_BSD_SOURCE)' what do you think?

  * I had to copy strlcat and strlcpy to glob.c so I could use them. I
had to do
    this because musl isn't compile as _GNU_SOURCE or _BSD_SOURCE so
string.h
    doesn't expose these functions. How should I fix this?

Thanks,
Bernardo Figueiredo
View attachment "test.c" of type "text/x-c" (581 bytes)