Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 18:08:39 +0530
From: vlse <vlse@...ra.biz>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Query about current practice of installing linux kernel header files

I have a query regarding installation of Linux kernel header files for use with musl while compiling programs requiring it. I studied musl-cross-make source files. From it I found that it applies the linux kernel patch "0001-archscripts.diff" to linux source. And basically it does the following:

1) $(MAKE) ARCH=$(LINUX_ARCH) O=somedir INSTALL_HDR_PATH=somedir/staged headers_install
2) find somedir/staged/include '(' -name .install -o -name ..install.cmd ')' -exec rm {} +
3) cp -R somedir/staged/include/* $(DESTDIR)$(OUTPUT)$(SYSROOT)/include

Is this correct?
Does it means we can use plain vanilla kernel source and install headers from it?
That is musl specific adaptation of Linux kernel sources & headers has been upstreamed.
No more any need of sabotage adapted linux kernel headers.
Please correct me.

vlse,

Veera