Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:58:10 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl + PowerPC + GCC 5

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:59:01AM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * A. Wilcox <AWilcox@...cox-Tech.com> [2016-12-14 22:11:49 -0600]:
> > On 14/12/16 04:53, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > > * A. Wilcox <awilfox@...lielinux.org> [2016-12-14 04:02:39 -0600]:
> > > i think the simplest fix is to config with --disable-decimal-float
> >
> > Note "--disable-decimal-float".  I receive the same error.
> >

> yeah, libgcc insists on using decimal float if the
> compiler you build it with supports it.. (which is xgcc
> when you cross compile so things work, but if you build
> natively the config flags don't affect the outcome).
> try to configure with
>
> libgcc_cv_dfp=no

I don't think this should be an issue unless you're lying to
configure:

1. If you have --build=powerpc-linux-musl and the gcc on your system
   is actually musl-targeted, it won't have decimal float (because
   it's presently impossible to build a gcc where that's working) and
   it should detect that and work.

2. If you have --build=powerpc-linux-gnu, then you're cross compiling
   and/or building across compiler, so xgcc or powerpc-linux-musl-gcc
   should be used in place of gcc to build target libs.

Only in the case where you told it build=musl but it's really
build=gnu should this break...