Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 21:55:42 -0400
From: John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com>
To: musl <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: 32 bit musl?

Many thanks for the help, Shiz and Rich! I've built gcc from source before
but it's a chore. Rich's musl-cross-make was magical. Much better solution
than using a 32-bit VM.

All I need were these  steps. The first two should be obvious but they
tripped me up.
    Make sure gcc AND g++ are installed.
    unset CC
    unzip musl-cross-make-master.zip
    cd musl-cross-make-master
    make TARGET=i686-linux-musl OUTPUT=$(pwd).install -j6 install

So this builds 32-bit executables that use musl libs. It kills two birds
with one stone. That's great.

But it appears to expect musl libc to be installed in /lib for dynamically
linked executables. That's not an option for me. Is there a way I can
override this?

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM, John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com> wrote:

> It looks like I should build a cross compiler? I see several suggestions
> on how to do this so I'm not confident this will work well. Or would it be
> easier if I just installed a 32 bit Linux in a VM just for building 32 bit
> apps with musl?
>
> John

Content of type "text/html" skipped