Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 20:57:51 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, lowrisc-dev@...ts.lowrisc.org
Subject: Re: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V
 Project #4

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 03:51:50PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2016 9:12 AM, "Rich Felker" <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 06:30:17PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > > * Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@...il.com> [2016-06-18 22:21:58 +0900]:
> > >
> > > you have to s/-E/-E -P/ in the makefile
> > >
> > > i was reluctant to do this upstream as it is a non-standard flag.
>
> Just pin minimum gcc version to 5

libc-test does not depend on gcc much less a particular gcc version.
Ability to apply tests with different compilers is fairly important
since, for some interfaces, a buggy compiler might transform how
they're invoked in invalid ways that result in breakage, and these
sorts of bugs are useful to be able to track down.