Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:57:04 -0300
From: "Matias A. Fonzo" <selk@...gora.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New Exherbo+musl stage: x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621

El Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:32:47 +0200
Shiz <hi@...z.me> escribió:
> > On 22 Jun 2016, at 17:20, Matias A. Fonzo <selk@...gora.org> wrote:
> >
> > Distribute files and impose to your users in having xz, is a bad
> > idea.
>
> I don’t think you understand what I said. Technical arguments about
> the superiority of your format aren’t particularly relevant if the
> user can’t decompress it in the first place.
>
> - Shiz

I understand that you are losing in make the right thing just for the
availability of a bad implementation.  If the user can't decompress is
really your main concern, think in the RAM usage as a possible
limitation (among other things).

--
GPG pub ID = 0x3AAF1CEC203A99D5
Key servers = hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net - keys.gnupg.net