Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:15:25 +1000
From: Matthew Fernandez <matthew.fernandez@...ta.com.au>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Undetected failures in getdomainname

Hi all,

In the tip at time of writing (6cec7bc57f599f43f4041cec2093e3c9231dbaab) there are a couple of
syscalls that are implemented by calling uname, notably gethostname and getdomainname. In
gethostname, the return value of uname is checked and the code returns early if uname fails.
However, in getdomainname the return value of uname is ignored. I think it should be following the
same pattern as gethostname. Is this correct?

Also, gethostname rolls its own strcpy, while getdomainname just calls strcpy. However, maybe there
is a good reason for this.

If replying, please CC me directly as I'm not on the list.

Thanks,
Matthew