Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:45:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New Exherbo+musl stage: x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 05:59:44PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 22/06/16 17:57, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:

> >> I don’t think you understand what I said. Technical arguments about
> >> the superiority of your format aren’t particularly relevant if the
> >> user can’t decompress it in the first place.
> >>
> >> - Shiz
> >>

> > I understand that you are losing in make the right thing just for the
> > availability of a bad implementation.  If the user can't decompress is
> > really your main concern, think in the RAM usage as a possible
> > limitation (among other things).
> >

> The format seems a little too new and you seem to derail the discussion
> in a mailing list unrelated to the main project (exherbo).
>
> Would you please stop flaming?

I'd like to second this. The discussion about xz is irrelevant to the
thread it was posted on and to this list. It might be relevant on the
Exherbo lists (up to them to decide) but the post here was just
announcing a release of a distro using musl, not soliciting input for
that distro's choice of archive format.