Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:06:25 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Khem Raj <raj.khem@...il.com>, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@...too.org>
Subject: Re: Dynamic linker name

>> Sorry, but my understanding is that r272662 is correct for x86, no?
>>
>> We can definitely add support for more arches with musl if someone sends a
>> patch to the list.
>
> If no one intends to do this, I can prepare further patches and
> relevant test cases for other archs.

Now I'm determining the $ARCH field in musl's dynamic linker name for
non-x86 archs. After reading these two patches (thanks to their
authors):

http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/plain/main/clang/clang-0004-Add-musl-targets-and-dynamic-linker.patch
https://github.com/kraj/meta-clang/blob/master/recipes-devtools/clang/clang/0001-clang-driver-Add-musl-ldso-support.patch

I got the following list:

i386
x86_64
arm
armhf
armeb
armebhf
aarch64
aarch64_be
mips
mipsel
mips64
mipsel64el // this one looks weird
powerpc
powerpc64

Is this list comprehensive? Is there anything wrong? I have no access
to non-x86 machines at the moment, thus no way to verify them.

BTW, I leaved out x32 on purpose, since musl's support for it is
experimental (right?), and it requires yet another environment type
"muslx32" in LLVM.

Thanks,
Lei