Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:05:40 +0200
From: Remko Tronçon <remko@...tramo.be>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How to set UTF-8 as default

Hi,

When I call `nl_langinfo`, it returns "ASCII" by default. I can call
`setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "C.UTF-8")` to make it return "UTF-8", but I was
wondering if there was a way through environment variables to make C.UTF-8
be the default.

I tried setting LC_CTYPE and LC_ALL to C.UTF-8, but this doesn't seem to
get picked up by `nl_langinfo` (or by `setlocale(LC_CTYPE, NULL)`).

thanks!
Remko

PS: I'm trying this on Alpine.

Content of type "text/html" skipped