Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 17:48:54 +0900
From: Daiki Ueno <ueno@....org>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@...il.com>,  bug-gnu-gettext@....org,  musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [bug-gettext] Re: AM_GNU_GETTEXT without referring internal symbols?

Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:53:49PM +0900, Masanori Ogino wrote:
>>
>> It looks essentially good to me. You can remove the "if test
>> $gt_api_version -ge 3; then ... fi" part before where you modified too
>> if it is not used anywhere else, I guess.

I think it is still needed when AM_GNU_GETTEXT is invoked as:

  AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external], [need-formatstring-macros])

> I haven't tested it but the concept looks good to me too.

Thanks both for looking at it.  I have pushed it as:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gettext.git/commit/?id=b67399b40bc5bf3165b09e6a095ec941d4b30a97

For the record, I have tested it on the Alpine Linux image obtained from
http://www.nongnu.org/pretest/ using a test package created with:

$ cp .../gettext.m4 gnulib/m4
$ ./gnulib/gnulib-tool --create-testdir --dir=t gettext

(I had to copy libintl.h to the VM as Alpine doesn't install it)

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno