Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 16:03:23 +1000
From: Patrick Oppenlander <pattyo.lists@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-cross-make / litecross improvements

On 06/05/16 12:44, Rich Felker wrote:
> It looks like there's a useless dependency on kernel headers in stuff
> for the target libs. I suspect you might have omitted the recommended
> --enable-languages=c,c++ and let it build all langs; IIRC boehm-gc is
> not built at all for a c/c++ only build. Other langs are completely
> untested and probably don't work, but it would be nice to find out why
> and fix the ones that are practical to fix.
>
> I should probably also add COMMON_CONFIG += --enable-languages=c,c++
> _before_ config.mak inclusion so that, by default, you get the working
> configuration. Having this before config.mak should make it so any
> --enable-languages option you manually add with += takes precedence.

I think that's a good idea.

README.md says that the only mandatory variable is TARGET. I assumed
c,c++ only was default.

>> Are you planning on supporting GCC 5.3? I may be able to contribute
>> some patches.
> I suspect the same patches for 5.2 apply just fine, but I haven't
> taken the time to test yet. If you can confirm they work or tweak them
> so they work I'd be happy to add 5.3 support. Other versions I'd like
> to support are 4.7.4 (last C-only, also last before some sketchy
> optimizations were added) and 6.1.0, but in order to add a version it
> should have proper support (at least the main musl patch with dynamic
> linker names, include paths, etc. fully ported) rather than just being
> enough to compile.

I had a quick look. Patches apply with two very minor adjustments, I've
attached the edited patches. I rebuilt arm-linux-musleabi but haven't
used it in anger yet. Is there a way to easily check all targets?

Also, is there a way to get linux headers installed with the toolchain
(like crosstool does)?

I use 4.9.3 for building old arm 2.6 kernels and haven't had a problem
with it yet.

         Patrick

View attachment "0008-shsibcall.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1288 bytes)

View attachment "0001-musl.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (33692 bytes)