Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:43:24 +0200
From: u-uy74@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl licensing

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 07:11:45AM -0700, Christopher Lane wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2016 11:56 PM, <u-uy74@...ey.se> wrote:
> > This is not necessarily a question of ethics, but somewhat a question
> > of legal safety, as well as it is for Google.

> > Rich/musl are on the other side and it certainly is illegal (somewhere)
> > to claim copyright on something which is not copyrightable (at that
> place).
>
> I don't know that this is true.  We can set aside whether the crt files and

Neither do I, and I regret having written "certainly". There is no
certainty unless a court has decided one's case. The uncertainty is
the only thing which can be assumed.

Claiming a "eager" copyright is invoking UB on Rich's/project's behalf,
that's my point.

This may be harmless now and may even always and everywhere remain
harmless (I really hope so!) but _possibly_ not.

Regards,
Rune