Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:07:41 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Christopher Lane <lanechr@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl licensing

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 09:47:09PM -0700, Christopher Lane wrote:
> > I'll contact all significant contributors to crt files and public
> > headers (this will mostly be port contributors, for the arch/bits/*.h
> > files, but does Google even want/need these for their use or will they
> > be providing their own?) and:
>
> There are some architectures we don't need, so we can prune the list a bit
> for sure.  Tomorrow we can send you a list of all the files we care about
> that are claimed to be PD.

I'll try to take care of them all anyway for the sake of future users
who might have your same problem. The reason I wondered if you need
any of these, though, is that the bits files are basically all for the
sake of interfacing with Linux syscalls. They're wanted/needed for a
libc that runs directly on Linux but I don't know if you'd want to use
them at all for something like NaCl or if it has its own mediation
layer with its own ABI (in which case you'd provide your own versions
to match that ABI).

> Overall I'm pleased with your proposal.  I'm optimistic that'll work, but I
> should be able to find out for sure tomorrow.

Great.