Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:02:22 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libc-bench license

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:39:30AM -0400, Michael McConville wrote:
> Michael McConville wrote:
> > While we're on the topic of licensing, what's the license for
> > libc-bench? There doesn't seem to be one mentioned anywhere in the
> > source or on the website.
>
> Never mind, the most recent commit adds an MIT license:
>
> http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/libc-bench/commit/

Yep. For what it's worth, the current benchmarks are not very
good/useful IMO and they haven't been touched in years. But they might
contain some good ideas for writing new/better ones and having the
code permissively licensed makes it easy to reuse snippets without
having to worry about license problems. I'd love to see a new
framework for measuring performance of libc interfaces that are
performance-relevant.