Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:56:11 +0100
From: Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@....de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl licensing

On Thursday 17 March 2016, Petr Hosek wrote:
> In Chromium and all related projects, which are licensed under the
> BSD license, we use a much shorter header:
>
> // Copyright 2016 The Chromium Authors. All rights reserved.
> // Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that
> can be // found in the LICENSE file.

BTW is it really needed to update the copyright year regularly? Even
though this is automated, it's annyoing for users and developers to
have such changes in the git history.

What I really don't like when watching diffs is to see 1000 files differ
because of the copyright year. One other file has a real diff. It also
increases build time when switching between tags or bisecting.

cu,
Rudi