Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:15:27 +0100
From: FRIGN <dev@...gn.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl licensing

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:34:28 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

Hey Rich,

> Yes, what I'm waiting for on this is whether a "conditional license"
> ("if this code is deemed to be covered by copyright, then we license
> it as BSD0/CC0/whatever") will satisfy them. This makes no difference
> in jurisdictions where public domain is recognized but may make them
> happy.

can you give me one single aspect in which BSD0 and Public Domain differ?

> What about authorship/copyright holders per-file?

I see no need for that and it's one hell to maintain. If you want to
find out exact authorship, "git blame" is your friend. It will give you
the history and everything else ("git log file", "git show", ...).
Trying to emulate that by hand is just tedious and defeats the purpose.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev@...gn.de>