Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:46:12 +0000
From: Jeroen Ketema <jeroen@...eplay.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Using libcxx with musl's math.h

Hello,

I'm trying to use libcxx's cmath header together with musl's math.h.
However this currently fails, because libcxx expects certain symbols to
be functions, while musl defines them as macros. For example (compiling
with clang):

cmath:309:9: error: no member named 'signbit' in the global
       namespace; did you mean '__signbit'?
using ::signbit;
       ~~^

where signbit is a macro in musl, but where libcxx expects it to be a
function.

My question is: what would be the proper way to fix this? The main issue
being of course that I cannot simply define signbit to be a function,
because it requires a form of overloading.

Thanks,

  Jeroen