Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 15:11:28 -0500
From: Pedro Giffuni <pfg@...eBSD.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: FreeBSD's Google Summer of Code 2016

Hello;

Just thought I'd point this out in case there are students looking
for a summer project (paid by Google):

In FreeBSD we are always open to alternatives. For this GSoC we would
consider someone willing to work on a musl port.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas#Port_musl_libc

For such a port you obviously have to have love for the C language
and specific skills (version control, knowledge of the build system,
UNIX/syscall knowledge), but I think it may very well be a fun
project for the right person.

We generally ask for very detailed proposals and it certainly
would help if you get to try FreeBSD before considering a
proposal, The process is competitive so we are interested
in your background.

We are aware musl is centered around linux but just as someone
managed to port glibc to FreeBSD we think it should be possible
to make a port clean port of musl. This project would only make
sense if the code is upstreamed, so at some stage we would also
appreciate support from musl developers.

For applying you should follow the standard procedure with Google.
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/

Best regards,

Pedro.