Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:57:16 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl 1.1.13 released

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 06:24:10PM +0100, Shiz wrote:

> > On 19 Feb 2016, at 11:22, Anthony G. Basile <basile@...nsource.dyc.edu> wrote:
> >
> > We've had these sorts of bugs in the past.  Wouldn't it be wise to push
> > out a new release?  Something like musl-1.1.13.1?  I can deal with
> > applying the patch but pushing out a another release signals to the
> > community that there is an update.  Just thought.
>
> 1.1.14 is on its way to be released soon, fixing among a few other things,
> this issue.

Yes, at least the following were noticable regressions:

- fgets/gets "" failing (and related rare issue in getopt)
- make clean/distclean nor working in unconfigured trees
- sh/fdpic dynamic linker entry point hang
- clang build failure for armhf (or arm with softfp model)

That's enough that I'm going to do another release (1.1.14) right away
and adjust the future release numbers in the roadmap.