Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:09:30 +0000
From: "Short, Todd" <tshort@...mai.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: setcontext/getcontext/makecontext missing?

Hi,

It appears that setcontext/getcontext/makecontext are declared in ./include/ucontext.h, but there’s no definitions for them in musl. These three functions are part of libc/glibc.so:

GLIBC_2.0 setcontext
GLIBC_2.1 getcontext
GLIBC_2.1 makecontext

Since the functions are declared, is there any intent to put them into musl?

I ran into this when attempting to compile OpenSSL with musl. In the OpenSSL master branch, I’m able to do:

CC=musl-gcc ./config
make depend
make

However, ld fails because there is an undefined reference to setcontext, getcontext and makecontext. This is new async functionality in OpenSSL that uses these APIS.

This is as of musl:master:47314f1 and openssl:master:4c35c93

Thanks,

--
-Todd Short
// tshort@...mai.com<mailto:tshort@...mai.com>