Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 20:27:29 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Copyright/license of libc-testsuite

* Jeroen Ketema <jeroen@...eplay.com> [2016-02-04 18:59:36 +0000]:
> Browsing the gitc web interface on the musl website, I encountered
> libc-testsuite, which seems to cover part of my needs. However, the suite
> does not seem to have a license and/or copyright associated with it, which
> makes it somewhat difficult to evaluate whether I can actually use the
> testsuite in the context I'm working in. Would it be possible to get some
> clarification with respect to the testsuite's copyright and license?

you mean http://repo.or.cz/libc-test.git ?

it has
http://repo.or.cz/libc-test.git/blob/HEAD:/COPYRIGHT
with a separate AUTHORS file.

however my policy is to add arbitraryly licensed
tests (with the license text included somewhere).

(this way we cannot distribute the tests with musl,
but we can have all openly available sources for
tests, i don't know any license that prevents you
from running tests against code under that license.)

> This email and any attachments may contain confidential and /or privileged
> information and is for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify Codeplay Software Ltd immediately and delete the
> message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it,or use or disclose
> its contents to any other person. Any views or other information in this message

this is bad for public mailing lists.