Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:17:04 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bits deduplication: current situation

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 09:03:54PM -0800, Dan Gohman wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
>
> > * Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2016-01-25 16:00:05 -0500]:
> > 64-bit.
> > target.
> > up
> > >
> > > I'm pretty sure int64_t is long on all LP64 targets we support. Are
> > > there others that differ?
>
> I'm working on an architecture which does, though there's no musl support
> for it currently.

Is this for Linux to run on, or for non-Linux use? I'm pretty sure GCC
wants the above policy for LP64 to be followed on all Linux targets,
and generally considers this part of the general ABI descended from
sysv. Doing it differently is surely a gratuitous incompatibility and
pain for implementations.