Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:25:30 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open/pending issues as of Jan 17

* Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2016-01-17 18:15:54 -0500]:
> With a quick review of the mailing list since late November I found
> the following possibly-open issues:
>
> - resolver search domain support
> - preinit_array
> - mlock2 syscall wrapper
> - mips siginfo_t fix

i think this should have priority
(abi visible bug, should not wait for arch/bits cleanup)

> - avl tree: any changes still pending??

there are no known bugs in the current code, but
tsearch_small.c would be an improvement over it.
(and twalk,tfind should be separate tu)

> - adding pot file for translators
> - unsetenv pointer eval after free
> - printf big widths/precisions
> - atomic.h overhaul
> - dirent.h macros
> - dlopen deadlock
> - setvbuf

random stuff:
- linux 4.* uapi (includes mlock2, but a lot of other stuff too)
- symbol versioning (for at least gcc-6 libgcc_s.so)
- __cxa_thread_atexit_impl ? (i expect this to come up in real code)
- stdatomic.h
- string functions correctness
- regex bre extensions \+ \? \|
- regcomp increase tre_stack_new limit
- str{f,p}time %z %Z %k %l ?
- noreturn __assert_fail ?
- hidden visibility for internal functions
- compiler builtins in libc (sqrt, fabs, memcpy..)
- asm -> inline asm
- ld128 math