Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:45:47 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Musl bug, or, am I losing my mind?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 07:35:38PM +0000, Guided Muscle wrote:
> Oh, I wanted to add that this is probably not a cdb bug because cdb,
> when compiled with gcc or clang, worked for i > 25000.

That doesn't necessarily tell you anything. If the program is
producing undefined behavior, it could appear to work under arbitrary
conditions. Or it might not be producing undefined behavior but rather
just making invalid assumptions about the implementation.

I just tried your test.lua with tinycdb I built myself on Alpine Linux
(x86_64) and could not reproduce the problem. cdb succeeded just fine
reading from pipe. I tried both piping directly from lua, and saving
the output to a file then piping from cat and neither produced an
error.