Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 11:49:45 -0800
From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl & proprietary programs

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 11:00:51PM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 06:00:12PM -0200, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> > I also don't want to pollute my system with glibc. That's why I asked
> > if there was any plan to improve musl support of proprietary programs
> > like the ones I listed.
>
> I looked through the thread and saw no list of proprietary programs.
> (Is this undelivered mail? is google bouncing random emails?)

(Apparently didn't get successfully delivered from the list to me; thanks
 for sending a copy.)

Looking at AMPL's linux32 demo, I get this list of missing functions:
 __divdi3
 __fpu_control
 __isinf
 __isinfl
 __isnanl
 __strtod_internal
 fedisableexcept
 feenableexcept
 pthread_rwlockattr_setkind_np

The first indicates that it may be necessary to add libgcc_s.so.1 to
LD_PRELOAD.
The rest are missing from musl for ABI compat.
ampl and minos are "for GNU/Linux 2.2.5", so may use the 32-bit IO abi.
__is* can be trivially implemented.
__strtod_internal is a version of strtod with an extra int that's expected
to be 0 (per LSB); no idea what that's for.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham