Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 22:08:24 +0100
From: u-uy74@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: for information, gcc-4.2.3 miscompiles musl math

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:30:58PM +0300, Alexander Monakov wrote:

> > > I thought 4.2.1 was the last.
> >
> > I think Wikipedia says so as well but The Source is the truth. It is
> > 4.2.3 and nothing else.

> Are you perhaps concluding that just from the absence of COPYING3 in the
> toplevel directory?

No.

I concluded this based on the contents of the file COPYING in the toplevel
directory and on the fact that neither NEWS nor ChangeLog there mention
any license changes.

> The gcc/ subdirectory does contain COPYING3, and

Indeed. I have to admit that I missed this fact and as bad as it is,
did not actually search for patterns in the comments.

Better late than never:

Of the gcc-4.2.3 source archive files

11236 ones contain "COPYING[^3]"
 1424 ones contain "COPYING3"

which of course confirms that gcc-4.2.3 is _not_ compatible with gpl2,
anyway not as a whole, because of the 11% gpl3-pollution in its files.

Sorry for making misleading statements about its license and thanks
for clearing the matter Alexander.

Nice that the fix for the float arithmetics applies to Aboriginal.

Rune