Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 00:06:08 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for out-of-tree build

* Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2015-11-17 17:01:41 -0500]:
> However, at this point I'm strongly considering whether we should just
> do away with the subarch dirs entirely and use preprocessed asm or C
> with inline asm in their place. The one place this is mildly difficult
>
> Would this make things simpler for the build system? I think so.

ok, but that's a separate change then

i think the relevant decision for out-of-tree is
if we want to keep

%.o: $(ARCH)/%.s

which means VPATH is needed, or if it's ok to have
.o files under the $(ARCH) dir, so the rules are just

%.o: %.s

%.o: %.sub

(of course setting $(OBJS) is more tricky then)

i think we can then do out-of-tree independently from
the subarch changes.