Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:35:07 +0000
From: Petr Hosek <phosek@...omium.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for out-of-tree build

> What if we put the *.o files for arch asm in the arch dirs rather than
> in the main src dirs. Is there some clean way we could write a rule to
> remove the base .o files from OBJS when the arch-specific .o files are
> there?

That's what I had in mind and I've already implemented it, but I couldn't
get the *.sub files to work in that setup. However, if we replace them with
Makefile fragments as you suggested it might it might solve that problem.
Let me try that out and I'll let you know whether this is a way to go.

Content of type "text/html" skipped