Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 01:27:54 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: 0pf@...mu.org
Subject: Updated musl/SH-FDPIC progress

musl's fdpic dynamic linker is now working with basic functionality.
There are some limitations I hope to lift soon; see the commit
message:

http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?id=7a9669e977e5f750cf72ccbd2614f8b72ce02c4c

I've also made some important fixes to the toolchain patches. The
issue with the backwards fdpic flag is now fixed on the binutils side,
and some gcc codegen issues are fixed on the gcc side. They're all
available (with build scripts) here:

https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make

Make sure to enable fdpic in config.mak if you want to use it.

Binaries produced with this toolchain will run out of the box on:

- qemu-sh4eb (with or without fdpic loader added)
- Real sh3/4 kernels and qemu-system-sh4eb or real hardware
- Real sh2/j2 (but unified syscall trap patch is needed; latest is
  attached)

This is all new stuff so I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who
tries it, good or bad.