Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:01:11 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Why musl define PAGE_SIZE

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 03:28:52PM -0400, Yuxin Ren wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I found in the bits/limits.h file, musl defines PAGE_SIZE macro .
> I think this macro is always defined by operating system, not libc.
>
> Why does musl define this marco?

The page size, and whether it's a constant or variable, is part of the
target ABI. musl provides the PAGE_SIZE macro on targets where it's
constant because it may be useful to applications that want to
optimize for the case where a fixed page size is known. This is no
different from providing definitions reflecting other parts of the ABI
like type definitions or macro constants for communicating with system
interfaces.