Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:11:36 -0500
From: Andy Shinn <andy.shinn@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Would love to see reconsideration for domain and search DNS keywords

I'm writing the wonderful musl project today to open discussion about the
future possibility of DNS search and domain keyword support. We've been
using musl libc (by way of Alpine Linux) for new development of
applications as containers that discover each other through DNS and other
software defined networking.

In particular, we are starting to use applications like SkyDNS, Consul, and
Kubernetes, all of which rely on local name resolution in some way using
search paths. Many users of the Alpine Linux container image have also
expressed their desire for this feature at
https://github.com/gliderlabs/docker-alpine/issues/8.

On the functional differences between glibc page, the domain and search
keyword "Support may be added in the future if there is demand". So please
consider this request an addition to whatever demand for the feature
already exists.

Thank you for your time and great work on the musl libc project!

-Andy

Content of type "text/html" skipped