Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:47:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Adjustments to roadmap

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 09:57:56AM +0300, Вася Бойцов wrote:
> Hello, I would like to know what is the current progress and ideas on PAM
> with LDAP calls what is the roadmap for this feature and workaround for
> using it now?

If you mean passwd/group db lookup (that's separate from PAM which has
nothing to do with libc functionality), then on the libc side it
should be complete. However an outside daemon providing query service
on the nscd socket is needed. Everything seems to work if you have
glibc's nscd doing the work, but somebody still needs to write an LDAP
bridge (or general bridge that can use nss modules or something).
While it's not code internal to musl, having such a third-party daemon
available is on the 1.2.0 goals.