Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:56:47 +0200
From: Jan Včelák <jan.vcelak@....cz>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: strptime() lacks support for %z

Hello list.

(Please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.)

The strptime() function lacks support for %z (and %Z) format specifier.

I'm mostly interested in '%z' because we are using it the Knot DNS
project and we have been notified by one of our users running Alpine
Linux that the previously written time stamps cannot be parsed.

I want to contribute to musl by implementing the missing specifier.
But honestly I don't know how to start. The strptime() function needs
some refactoring otherwise the change would be ugly (or copy-pasta).

Are you interested in this feature? Please, can you point me to your
coding style guidelines? How can I check I haven't broken anything else?
Do you have unit tests or something?

Cheers,

Jan