Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 21:53:44 +0200
From: Natanael Copa <ncopa@...inelinux.org>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dynamic linker issue

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 14:28:33 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 08:20:44PM +0200, Felix Janda wrote:
> > libc.so has .hash and .gnu_hash, the others only have .hash.
>
> In that case I don't think gnu_hash is relevant to the crash. It's
> probably a libnl3 issue, likely just that it's fundamentally broken to
> be linking multiple versions of a lib into the same program if they
> use the same symbol names.

I think you are right. Apparently it also happens on glibc:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29921

The configure script for libvirt even has a specific check to avoid
that libvirt and netcf link against different libnl versions:
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=configure.ac;h=6533b88851efd5b1842d2beaaefcc254e6fce33d;hb=HEAD#l2616

They don't have the same check for the xen libraries so it must have
been introduced by me who recently enabled libnl3 for xen:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/main/xen?id=4bf510506bcf0d81e02252991ba61e3837cec3dd

Thanks for testing and helping troubleshoot.

-nc