Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:16:39 +0200
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Error relocating libc.so: (...): symbol not found

  Hi,
  I just pulled the latest musl git head and compiled it.
Previously I was using a git version from right before 1.1.9
or something. (Sorry, I didn't take notes, I can't tell you
exactly what it was.)

  Now, when I run ldd on a static binary (compiled with either
that new musl or a previous version), I get the following
messages:

Error relocating libc.so: __muldc3: symbol not found
Error relocating libc.so: __mulsc3: symbol not found
Error relocating libc.so: __mulxc3: symbol not found

before the expected
ldd: (binary): Not a valid dynamic program

  This is on x86_84 with gcc-4.2.1.

  Is anything wrong with my binaries or new musl installation,
or are those spurious messages?

  Thanks,

--
  Laurent